Importing Content from Another Course
"Importing" is one way to transfer content between two course spaces. Another way is the Course Copy method.
- First, you must archive your "source" course, that is, the course that contains the content you wish to import. See instructions for archiving.
- When you have completed the archive steps, and have downloaded the archive package zip file to your computer, you can now open the "destination course" — the course you are importing the content to.
- In the Control Panel, click Packages and Utilities, then choose "Import Package / View Logs"
- Click the Import Package button
- Click "Browse" to locate the archive package file ending in .zip that you have downloaded to your computer. Select the file and click "Open."
- Place check-marks next to the content you wish to import, then "Submit." This will import the content.
- Now, to view the new content you will need to refresh the course menu. To do this, click the refresh icon at the top (see image right).
- NOTE: Importing course content may not replace existing content, but rather appends it to the menu, therefore you'll need to remove duplicate menu items. For instance, if you imported a syllabus from the other course, you can delete the extra syllabus link from your menu. Important: Be sure to delete the duplicate "My Grades" link first.
To delete links from the menu, roll over the link, click the small button that appears to the right of the link name, and choose delete.