More universities are starting master’s programs in data science and analytics, of which statistics is foundational, due to the wide interest from students and employers. Amstat News reached out to those in the statistical community who are involved in such programs.
Take one look at the “hedonometer”—an empiric instrument that delivers a data visualization of the measure of happiness of a human population in real time, based on a random sampling of some 50 million tweets posted to Twitter each day—and the random acts of daily public life seem to take on a newer, deeper level of meaning.
- Evolutionary Computation Research Event
- Modeling the Evolution of Drug Resistance in Malaria
- Reddit Brings a UVM Evolutionary Robotics Class to the World
- Alumni Advice: How to Start a Business as a Millenial
- #UVMCodeFest: 2nd Annual UVM/State Street Agile CodeFest!
- Computer Science Students Showcase Apps and Innovation at Annual Fair
- CS Students Succeed on the Slopes
- On Reddit, Ask Professor Josh Bongard Anything about Robots
- Apps: There's a Class for That
- UVM CS Research Day 2015
- 1 of 10
- next ›