Consumer Assistance Program : University of Vermont

University of Vermont

Consumer Hotline:  Toll Free In VT (800) 649-2424 or (802) 656-3183

Complaint about an AGO Settlement

More help is available!

Department of Financial Regulation:  (888) 568-4547 handles banking, insurance, and securities complaints

Vermont Department of Public Service: (800) 622-4496 handles complaints against public utilities, including internet and telephone

Vermont Secretary of State: (800) 439-8683 handles complaints against licensed professionals

How to Contact Us

Please keep in mind that all consumer complaints must be submitted to our office in writing in order to receive the assistance of our office.  Once we receive a written complaint, our office can initiate letter mediation.  CAP accepts complaints in writing via our on-line form, e-mail, fax or mail.  Please note that any information you submit to our office will be public record and will be FORWARDED TO THE BUSINESS named in your complaint.  When writing to us, please be sure to provide us with a brief summary of your complaint, your mailing address and daytime telephone number, and the address and phone number for the business named in your complaint.  If you send us any documents, please send us copies only, as we may not be able to return documents submitted to our office.

Please also note that our office cannot provide legal assistance or advice.


Vermont Attorney General's Office
Consumer Assistance Program
109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609-1001

FAX: (802) 304-1014

Phone:  (800) 649-2424 or (802) 656-3183

Looking to File or Update a Complaint?

Go to our "How to File a Complaint" page.

Last modified April 06 2017 01:56 PM

Contact UVM © 2018 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131