Connecting you with resources on campus,
in the community, and beyond!
To receive our weekly "Interfaith Update" email and learn about various spiritual and religious happenings...
Student Clubs & Religious Organizations
The list below includes groups recognized by the Student Government Association, as well as members of the UVM Spiritual and Religious Life Council and other student groups which support students' spiritual and religious needs.
- Alpha Omega Vermont
- Apostolos Missions Vermont (AM)
- Catholic Center at UVM
- Chabad @ UVM
- Chi Alpha (XA)
- Cooperative Christian Ministry
- UVM Hillel
- Interfaith Student Coalition
- Intervarsity (IV)
- Muslim Student Association (MSA)
- Reformed University Fellowship (RUF)
- The Vine
Local Spiritual & Religious Communities
One of the wonderful things about living in Burlington is the opportunity to explore and connect with a diversity of spiritual and religious communities. Download this PDF list of possible communities based on their proximity to campus and/or recommendation by a member of the UVM community.
- Interfaith Calendar - Part of creating an inclusive and equitable campus climate is being mindful of important religious and cultural celebrations when scheduling academic work and co-curricular programming. Two different PDF versions of the Interfaith Calendar are available, one for the current academic year and the other a multi-year layout. For a more extensive list of holidays along with a brief description, see UVM's Larner College of Medicine Religious Holidays Calendar.
- Academic Policy - Students who must miss work for religious purposes have the opportunity to make up the work. See the campus policy pertaining to Religious Holidays.
- UVM Dining - Information on how UVM Dining aims to provide dietary options for a variety of religious practices.
- Prayer, Meditation & Reflection Spaces - Quiet, inclusive spaces in addition to the Prayer & Meditation Room at the Interfaith Center include:
- Prayer & Meditation Room here at the Interfaith Center
- Meditation Room at The Mosaic Center for Students of Color (Living/Learning - Building E)
- Meditation Room on the 3rd floor of Allen House (461 Main Street) at the Center for Cultural Pluralism. This space is available weekdays from 8 am - 4:30 pm whenever the room is not being used for meetings.
- Bias Report Form - A means for reporting spiritual or religious bias you have either experienced or witnessed in our community.
Other Interfaith Resources
- On Being: The Big Questions of Meaning - The Peabody Award winning radio program and podcast that opens up the animating questions at the center of human experience.
- The Pluralism Project - A resource for engaging, educating, and strengthening the next generation of religious and civic leaders in the United States.
- Interfaith Youth Core - College students and campuses building a movement of people from all faiths and traditions who are working together to change the world.
- Interfaith Power & Light - This group promotes practical steps to protect the earth's ecosystems, safeguard the health of all Creation and ensure sufficient, sustainable energy for all.
- Vermont Interfaith Action - This faith-based, grassroots coalition of congregations transforms ordinary people into empowered and engaged citizens.