Current research interests include the kinetics of thin-film growth, and etching. Real-time x-ray and electron diffraction studies of materials growth and surface evolution.
Professor, Department Chair
- R.L. Headrick, I.K. Robinson, E. Vlieg, and L.C. Feldman, Structure Determination of the Si(111):B (sqrt 3 x sqrt 3) Surface: Subsurface Substitutional Doping, Phys. Rev. Lett., 63, 1253 (1989).
- R.L. Headrick, B.E. Weir, A.F.J. Levi, D.J. Eaglesham, and L.C. Feldman, The Si(100)-(2x1) Boron Reconstruction: Self-Limiting Monolayer Doping, Appl. Phys. Lett. 57, 2779 (1990).
- M.L. Green, B.E. Weir, D. Brasen, Y.F. Hseih, G. Higashi, A. Feygenson, L.C. Feldman, and R.L. Headrick, Mechanically and Thermally Stable Si-Ge Films and Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors Grown by RapidThermal Chemical Vapor Deposition (RTCVD) at 900°C, J. Appl. Phys. 69 (2), 745 (1991).
- R.L. Headrick, S. Kycia, A.R. Woll, J.D. Brock, M.V. Ramana Murty, Ion-assisted nucleation and growth of GaN on Sapphire(0001), Phys. Rev. B 58, 4818 (1998).
- A.R. Woll, R.L. Headrick, S. Kycia, and J.D. Brock, Nucleation and growth of GaN on sapphire (0001): incorporation and interlayer transport, Physical Review Letters 83, 4349 (1999).
- M.V. Ramana Murty, T. Curcic, A. Judy, B.H. Cooper, A.R. Woll, J.D. Brock, S. Kycia, and R.L. Headrick, X-ray scattering study of the surface morphology of Au(111) during Ar+ ion irradiation, Phys. Rev. Lett 80, 4713 (1998).
- M.L. Swiggers, G. Xia, J.D. Slinker, A.A. Gorodetsky, G.G. Malliaras, R.L. Headrick, C. Dulcey and R.N. Shashidhar, Orientation of pentacene films using surface alignment layers and its influence on thin film transistor characteristics, Applied Physics Letters, 79, 1300 (2001).
- C.C. Umbach, R.L. Headrick, and K.-C. Chang, Spontaneous Nanoscale Corrugation of Ion-Eroded SiO2: The Role of Ion-Irradiation-Enhanced Viscous Flow, Phys. Rev. Lett., 87, 246104 (2001).
Areas of Expertise and/or Research
Experimental studies of condensed matter physics & Materials Science
- Ph.D. (Materials Science & Engineering), University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Rm. E218 - Innovation Hall
Refer to syllabi