Looking for opportunities to gain research experience?
Choose a link to browse upcoming internship, job, and field course opportunities in the biological sciences. Each page lists opportunities sectioned by season, and in chronological order by posting date.
Paid research and internship opportunities under faculty at a host institution, which typically involve conducting an individual research project. Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Programs are funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF). A great way to gain research experience.
Job and paid internship opportunities that typically supplement pay with some combination of housing, food, and travel stipends. They are mostly field-based, do not involve an individual research project, and are a great way to gain experience in field work and data collection.
Unpaid opportunities that typically compensate participants with some combination of housing, food, and travel stipends. They usually are field-based, and do not involve an individual research project. This could be a great way to travel while gaining some field experience.
Looking for a field course on a topic not offered at UVM? Or just an interesting way to earn credits or do a semester abroad? These field courses may be just the opportunity you are looking for.
Popular biology and ecology job search pages:
- Wildlife and Fisheries Science Job Board, Texas A&M
- Ecology Co-op/Internship and Summer Research Opportunities, RIT
- Co-op/Internship and Summer Research Opportunities for Minorities & Underrepresented, RIT
- Pathways to Science: searchable database of fully funded STEM opportunities
- Project Short: summer medical opportunities, clinical and research (click 'Summer Program Database' or 'List of Paid Summer Research Opportunities for Undergrads')
- Ornithology Exchange job board, short term positions selected