Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies/Women's and Gender Studies offers a major and a minor in Gender, Sexuality, and Womens's Studies(GSWS)/Women's and Gender Studies (WGST), and a minor in Sexuality and Gender Identity Studies (SGIS). Each of these programs requires an interdisciplinary introductory course in either GSWS/WGST or SGIS and a senior seminar in either WGST or SGIS. The major also requires an internship with a community group, and a concentration designed by the student her- or himself, with the help of faculty advisors.
Sample "Self-Designed Concentrations" for Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies/Women's and Gender Studies Majors:
- Gender and the Environment
- Representations of Women in Literature and the Arts
- Masculinity in Industrial Societies
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Approaches to Modern Culture
- Women's Bodies/Women's Health
- Sex, Gender, and Politics
Explore our major and minor requirements on the left hand menu.
Last modified August 26 2013 02:30 PM