Vermont Climate Collaborative
Climate Change Events
Vermont Climate Collaborative Meeting - Charter Members Meeting, May 18, 2011, State Offices, Waterbury Vermont (See VCC Meetings page for additional information).
- Vermont Climate Collaborative Meeting - Wednesday, September 29, 2010 at St. Leo's Hall in Waterbury, Vermont. Agenda. For meeting presentations, go to the VCC Meetings page.
- Fuel Economy and Idle Reduction Workshop
- September 7, 2010 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Davis Center's Chittenden Bank Room
University of Vermont
590 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Vehicle Choice - Idle Reduction Technologies - Fuel Choice - Proper Maintenance - Costs and Benefits - Driver Behavior - Resources and More
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy in cooperation with Red River Valley Clean Cities and NC Solar Center/NC State University.
- The Role of Forests in Vermont's Energy Future
A series of public forums for citizens to share their thoughts and ideas about biomass, and an opportunity to elevate public awareness in such areas as maintaining forest health, maximizing efficiency, and balancing the social, environmental and economic costs and benefits of forest biomass energy. Three forums were scheduled around the state:
- June 2, 2010 Wednesday 6:30-8:30 pm Middlebury - American Legion
- June 9, 2010 Wednesday 6:30-8:30 pm Montpelier - VT State House, Room 10 & 11
- July 8, 2010 Thursday White River Jct. - Bugbee Senior Center
Biomass Energy Resource Center (BERC), Forest Guild, National Wildlife Federation, Sierra Club - Vermont Chapter, Vermont Natural Resources Council, Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund, Addison County Regional Planning Commission, Central Vermont Regional Planning Commission, and Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission.
- April 2, 2010, 9AM-3PM Vermont Climate Collaborative Meeting
The Vermont Climate Collaborative met Friday, April 2 at the UVM Davis Center - Livak Ballroom. Agenda
See the VCC Meetings page for additional information.
- Workshop titled "The Decade Ahead: Laying Plans for Beginning the World Anew" was held on May 1-3, 2009 with Jim Hansen as the keynote speaker Friday May 1st at the Middlebuty Mead Chapel.
- The objective was to engage leading thinkers and activists in discussions about 'rebooting' our global political economy in order to make sure that we are on a clean-energy, sustainable path in the decade ahead. Contact Jonathan Isham at Middlebury College for more information.
- University of Vermont's Dan & Carole Burack President's Distinguished Lecture Series presented Kerry Emanuel, an atmospheric physicist at MIT and an international leader on hurricane dynamics and the influence of climate change, who gave a lecture entitled, "Divine Wind: The history and science of hurricanes" on Monday, March 30th from 7:30-9:00pm at the Carpenter Auditorium in the Given Building.
- Power of Purchasing: March 17th & 31st 2009
The Agency of Natural Resources invited purchasing staff throughout Vermont to participate in the Northeast Recycling Council's two-part webinar series, The Power of Purchasing, and in a follow-up discussion on strategies to increase environmentally preferable purchasing (EPP) in Vermont.
- Benjamin Santer, an atmospheric scientiest at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, gave a lecture as part of the University of Vermont's Dan & Carole Burack President's Distinguished Lecture Series entitiled "How do we know human activities have influence global climate change?" (February 11th, 2009).
- University of Vermont's Dan & Carole Burack President's Distinguished Lecture Series presented Daniel Sperling, a Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science and Policy at the University of California, Davis, and founding Director of UC-Davis's Institute of Transportation Studies, to speak about transportation issues in his lecture "Two Billion Cars: Driving Towards Sustainability" (January 15th, 2009).
- The Northern Forest Alliance hosted a conference specifically for students November 1 and 2 at Dartmouth College, entitled Climate Change and the Future of the Northern Forest (pdf).
- Champlain College hosted a Creative Tech Career Jam on Saturday, Oct. 25 at Champlain College from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Last modified May 09 2011 02:28 PM