Before the Vermont Central Railway arrived in 1847, only a farmhouse was located at White River Junction. By 1863, five different railroads had terminal points in White River. The community grew steadily until the decline of rail transport in the early 20th century, and now hosts an annual celebration of railroading each September.
The Vermont Heritage Network
The University of Vermont Historic Preservation Program
Wheeler House, University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405
E-mail To: email@example.com