Bethel village, which developed around the mills along the Third Branch of the White River, was a prosperous 19th-century industrial and railroad village. Among significant buildings are the 1803, 3-story former inn overlooking Main Street, the outstanding 1805 brick meeting house, the 1846 Gothic Revival style Christ Church, railroad buildings, late 19th-century commercial blocks, and a 1906 Beaux Arts bank.
The Vermont Heritage Network
The University of Vermont Historic Preservation Program
Wheeler House, University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405
E-mail To: email@example.com