Saxtons River, settled in 1783, developed around the Middle Falls of the Saxtons River, which powered its busy woolen mills. The district contains more than 150 buildings from the Federal, Greek Revival, Italianate, Queen Anne, and Colonial Revival periods. Local landmarks include two churches, several well-preserved commercial buildings, and the 1903 Saxtons River Inn.
The Vermont Heritage Network
The University of Vermont Historic Preservation Program
Wheeler House, University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405
E-mail To: firstname.lastname@example.org