Centered around an expansive common, the district includes more than 60 buildings. Architectural styles range from Federal to Colonial Revival, although Greek Revival dominates. Newfane became the county seat in 1787. The Court House was originally constructed in 1825, and the portico was added in 1853.
The Vermont Heritage Network
The University of Vermont Historic Preservation Program
Wheeler House, University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405
E-mail To: email@example.com