Poultney village developed along the Poultney Turnpike, which opened in 1811 to serve as a main thoroughfare between Albany, New York, and Burlington. Many historic buildings, including a Greek Revival style bank, were built after the arrival of the Rutland and Washington Railroad in 1847 and after the slate and other industries prospered in the late 1800s. Also of note are the two railroad depots and the 1923 Williams Chevrolet dealership.
The Vermont Heritage Network
The University of Vermont Historic Preservation Program
Wheeler House, University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405
E-mail To: firstname.lastname@example.org