The arrival of the railroad in 1849 shifted the town's commercial center from Shelburne Falls to Shelburne village, now a well-preserved district centered around a green along busy U.S. Route 7. The Shelburne Inn, established in 1796, is one of Vermont's oldest continually operating inns. Most village buildings date after the mid-1800s, and include three churches, the library, town hall, and school.
The Vermont Heritage Network
The University of Vermont Historic Preservation Program
Wheeler House, University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405
E-mail To: email@example.com