The city developed because of the power generated by the Otter Creek. Below the falls, Commodore MacDonough built several ships used to defeat the British at the Battle of Plattsburgh in 1814. The District has 80 significant buildings built between 1825 and 1900, including the Stevens House and the Ryan commercial block.
The Vermont Heritage Network
The University of Vermont Historic Preservation Program
Wheeler House, University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405
E-mail To: email@example.com