Your Oral Presentation
Oral Presentation Workshop
It is highly recommended that ALL students who are doing oral presentations attend a Prep Workshop for Presenters. Please see the SRC Calendar for dates and times.
Below are some helpful tips for making presentations:
- Script your talk, then practice, practice, practice!
- If you're a nervous speaker, memorize the first 2 - 3 sentences as a prompt.
- Use minimal text on your slides.
- Take it easy with the laser pointer.
- Talk to the audience not your slides.
- Speak up and be lively!
Remember, the people in the audience are interested to hear what you have to say.