Center for Sustainable Agriculture
Information for Current and Prospective Students
As part of the University of Vermont and its vibrant Extension program, we are here to provide information and opportunities for UVM's campus community, farmers and communities throughout Vermont, and even those outside the borders of the Green Mountain State.
Though the Center does not offer classes for credit or a degree program directly, we are glad to serve as a resource for students who are seeking learning, internship and research opportunities, as well as work study positions and volunteer opportunities.
We've compiled a list of UVM resources and opportunities for those interested in sustainable agriculture. Please also see individual program areas for other events and resources, and feel free to contact us if you know of a project or program that should be added to the list, or if we can help you further.
UVM Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems Opportunities for Students
- Plant & Soil Science
- Nutrition & Food Sciences
- Animal Science
- UVM Community Development & Applied Economics (CDAE) offers undergraduate and graduate programs focused around sustainable local and international community development through interdisciplinary research, education, and outreach that serves the public interest.
- Extension The Center is part of University of Vermont Extension. As Vermont's land-grant college, UVM offers a vast Extension outreach program for individuals, families, farmers, businesses and communities across the state. Present in a dozen Vermont communities, UVM Extension is the educational leader that helps people put research-based knowledge to work to make the decisions that affect their future.
- UVM Center for Rural Studies (CRS) is a research and resource center that works with people and communities to address social, economic, and resource-based challenges.
- UVM Farmer Training Programis designed for aspiring farmers and those interested in sustainable, local food systems.
- UVM Food Feed is the UVM Sustainable Food Systems website, with current information about Food Systems work on campus, in Vermont, and beyond, as well as event listings, research and news.(Center Director Linda Berlin is one of the contributors to the blog.)
- Vermont Sustainable Agriculture Events Calendar
- UVM Extension Events Calendar
- New Farmer Network Calendar
- Women's Agricultural Network (WAgN) Calendar
Looking for information that you don't see here? Check out our
links page, or contact us at 802-656-5459 or by email and we'll do our best to help.
UVM Non-Accredited Learning & Research Opportunities
Last modified April 30 2013 11:54 AM