The Vermont Child Welfare Training Partnership
The Child Welfare Training Partnership
The Child Welfare Training Partnership (CWTP) provides an array of training and professional development designed to strengthen the child welfare system in Vermont. Funding for this partnership is provided through Title IV-E of the Social Security Act, the Vermont Department for Children and Families, the University of Vermont and through separate grants and contracts.
Specifically the Partnership offers:
- In-service staff training and development for child welfare and interdisciplinary personnel.
- Training for Vermont kin, foster and adoptive parents.
- Training, mentoring and coaching for family meeting facilitators under contract to the Department of Children and Families Family Services Division.
- Planning, coordination, delivery, and evaluation of training and educational materials and activities.
- Technical assistance for program design, implementation, development, evaluation, research and policy formulation.
- Collaboration and coalition building for culturally-sensitive, community-centered child family practice.
- Policy development.
- Granting writing assistance.
- Academic and training curriculum development.
- Organizational and team development consulting.
- Cross training with other UVM Departments, colleges, universities and training institutes and Vermont agencies and government departments.
Last modified April 19 2011 10:15 AM