Disability Services & Other Health Related Requests
If you or a family member would like to request accommodations for disabilities and / or other health related conditions/concerns, please contact us at least two weeks prior to your registered sessions in BOTH the following ways:
- Provide specific information when you register AND
- Calling the Orientation Office at (802) 656-4136
Deaf or hard of hearing guests may contact UVM by sending an e-mail message to Diana.Williams@uvm.edu.
ACCESS is the office of Disability Services at UVM. Their mission is to provide Accommodation, Consultation, Collaboration, and Educational Support Services as a means to foster opportunities for and empowerment of Students with Disabilities to participate in a barrier-free learning environment.
They serve as a resource to UVM and the larger community to advocate for a diverse learning community, educational equity and innovation through the principles of Universal Design. For more information about students with disabilities, please visit the ACCESS website.
If you have a disability, we suggest you:
- Visit www.uvm.edu/access. Click on “Newly Admitted Students.”
- Send documentation securely via mail, e-mail, or fax to ACCESS if you have
not already done so. Documentation Guidelines are on our website.
- As soon as you know the date of your Orientation session, call (802) 656-7753 to schedule an appointment with an ACCESS Specialist during Orientation.
- Include your UVM student ID number on all correspondence.
Last modified March 06 2015 02:13 PM