Welcome to UVM!
The University of Vermont's New Student Orientation Program is here to assist in making the transition to life at UVM for incoming students as smooth as possible. Our Orientation sessions provide new students with information on a wide variety of university services, helps them connect with the campus, and prepares them for their first semester. For more information on the Orientation sessions applicable to you, please select the option that best identifies your student role at UVM from the navigation bar to the left.
Orientation Reservations are currently open and can be made online through our Orientation Reservation system (you will need your Student ID number to log into this system). If you need to change your reservation, you can do so by logging back into the online reservation system and modifying your information. Please do not hesistate to contact our office with any problems or questions you may have about this process - we're here to help!
We encourage both First Years and Transfer Students to take a moment to look over some of the important information we have listed below. Remember, your UVM-assigned email is the most frequently used means of communication from the University, so it is imperative that you check it regularly.
- Check out some of the clubs, programs, and resources that will be available to you when you arrive.
- Be prepared for your first semester by checking out the Orientation To Do List.
- Learn about Residential Life and get acquainted with world of on campus living.
- Check out Student Life and find out about all the ways you can get involved on campus.
- Want to join a club? Look through The Lynx and find one that fits your interests!
- First-year students can get a jump start on classes, build a network of friends, learn about UVM support services, and get to know the campus – all before the fall semester begins! Take advantage of this valuable opportunity to earn college credit at 50% off regular academic year tuition by participating in Jump Start!
Remember to take care of business!
- Read your UVM email
Your UVM E-mail address is how professors and the University officials will contact you. Make sure you don't miss important messaging by checking your e-mail frequently.
- Familliarize yourself with myUVM.
The myUVM student portal is your one-stop shop for all things UVM. You'll be using this system to register for classes, find your student ID number, pay bills, access Blackboard, see what's happening on campus, and much, much more!
- Pay the bills.
Student Financial Services is your go-to resource for questions regarding financial aid, bill payment, and other financial-related questions during your career at UVM.
- Complete all student health
Make sure you've printed, filled out, and submitted all the forms required by the Center for Health and Wellbeing before your arrival on campus.
Have a question about Orientation? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility & Accommodation:
Orientation is committed to welcoming all first year students and their families. Participants who need assistance or accommodations to fully enjoy the Orientation program are encouraged to contact ACCESS and the Orientation Office well in advance, as some accommodations take time to implement. In consultation with ACCESS, we will provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations.
Last modified April 08 2014 11:23 AM