Welcome to UVM!
The University of Vermont's New Student Orientation Program is here to assist in making the transition to life at UVM for incoming students as smooth as possible. Our Orientation sessions provide new students with information on a wide variety of university services, helps them connect with the campus, and prepares them for their first semester. For more information on the Orientation sessions applicable to you, please select the option that best identifies your student role at UVM from the navigation bar to the left.
Please don't hesitate to contact our office with any problems or questions you may have about this process - we're here to help!
Now that you're an official Catamount, we're sure there's a lot you're thinking about. When it comes to Orientation, here's what we suggest you tackle first:
- Prepare for Orientation Registration. Those attending UVM for the Fall 2015 semester will be able to sign-up for June orientation sessions starting in early March. In the meantime, learn which sessions are available to you and what the June Orientation is all about.
- Learn about Residential Life and get acquainted with world of on-campus living.
- Check out Student Life and find out about all the ways you can get involved on campus.
- Want to join a club? Look through The Lynx and find one that fits your interests!
Remember to take care of business!
- Read your UVM email
Your UVM E-mail address is how professors and the University officials will contact you. Make sure you don't miss important messaging by checking your e-mail frequently.
- Familiarize yourself with myUVM.
The myUVM student portal is your one-stop shop for all things UVM. You'll be using this system to register for classes, find your student ID number, pay bills, access Blackboard, see what's happening on campus, and much, much more!
- Pay the bills.
Student Financial Services is your go-to resource for questions regarding financial aid, bill payment, and other financial-related questions during your career at UVM.
- Complete all student health
Make sure you've printed, filled out, and submitted all the forms required by the Center for Health and Wellbeing before your arrival on campus.
Have a question about Orientation? E-mail us at email@example.com.
Accessibility & Accommodation:
Orientation is committed to welcoming all first year students and their families. Participants who need assistance or accommodations to fully enjoy the Orientation program are encouraged to contact ACCESS and the Orientation Office well in advance, as some accommodations take time to implement. In consultation with ACCESS, we will provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations.
Last modified February 06 2015 08:35 AM