Department of Risk Management & Safety
Environmental Safety and Health Policy
The President is responsible for:
- Supporting the overall effectiveness and implementation of the University's environmental health and safety programs.
Provosts', Vice Presidents', and Deans' Responsibilities
The Provosts, Vice Presidents and Deans are responsible for:
- Determining appropriate levels of responsibility on the campus for fulfilling the University's commitment to provide a safe environment and to conduct its operations in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted practices for health, safety and environmental protection.
- Communicating with Chairs and Directors about environmental health and safety responsibilities and programs that need to be implemented within their departments.
- Ensuring that environmental health and safety obligations are carried out in the academic departments or administration units for which they have responsibility.
- Reporting to the President on the effectiveness of these programs, and the budget and resource needs of these programs.
This will be done in consultation with the Risk Management Department, the Radiation Safety Office, and the committees related to particular environmental health and safety fields.
Last modified February 06 2009 03:08 PM