The UVM Retired Faculty and Administrative Officers (UVM-RFAO) is a long-established organization on campus with focus upon issues and concerns to the 500+ retired faculty and administrative officers. The RFAO represents the interests of retired faculty and administrative officers on campus and provides relevant and important information to RFAO members.
Message to RFAO Members Concerning Fall 2020 and COVID-19
UVM provides updated information about COVID-19 and the University response. Much of that information can be found at
There is a plan for reopening the campus for fall, but with restrictions. UVM needs to limit the number of people on campus. UVM is also concerned about individuals coming onto campus who are at serious risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC). Unfortunately, much of the RFAO membership falls into this category.
The point of this message from the RFAO to its members is that nonessential visits to campus should be avoided. Please do not come onto campus unless it is necessary. If you must come onto campus, remember that you must follow all UVM and VT safety requirements, which include face coverings and distancing - please see links above for details.
The UVM Retired Faculty and Administrative Officers aspires to enhance the contact between members and current faculty and administrative officers to maximize the wellbeing and educational experiences of all members of the UVM community.
The UVM Retired Faculty and Administrative Officers provides a variety of services that enrich the lives of its members and benefit the university and the greater community.
- To provide a wide range of activities, including educational, informational, cultural, social, and volunteer opportunities
- To monitor and share information on benefits affecting health and life style choices
- To advance all modes of communication with its members, the university, and the greater community
- To assist the University of Vermont in accomplishing its mission and goals
All retired faculty and officers of administration are automatically, upon their official date of retirement, members of the UVM-RFAO. RFAO members are also automatically included in the RFAO listserv from which UVM communications and communications from the RFAO are regularly sent.
We encourage all retired faculty and officers of administration to participate in UVM-RFAO activities, so as to maintain and enrich interactions with colleagues who have worked together for many years, as well as to stay connected to UVM.
Current RFAO Executive Board Activities:
Your Executive Board meets monthly except in June and July and is involved in the following activities:
- Monitoring and working with appropriate university officials on matters such as health care insurance and other post-retirement benefits
- Maintaining our website and an RFAO listserv to keep members up-to-date on Executive Board activities.
- Hosting annual fall and spring luncheons with a guest speaker
- Administering the UVM Retired Scholars Award Program
- Working with the UVM Foundation to assist in securing office/ meeting space for retired faculty and administrative officers
- Membership and involvement in the Association of Retirement Organizations in Higher Education (AROHE)
Current RFAO President:Professor Emeritus Michael Gurdon, Michael.Gurdon@uvm.edu
The Executive Board invites all RFAO members to send comments, suggestions, and raise issues to the Board. Please contact the RFAO President or any RFAO Executive Board member by email (see link for listing).
Contact about website: Dwight Matthews, Dwight.Matthews@uvm.edu
Last modified August 06 2020 03:41 PM