Chief Diversity Office
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
The Mission of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity (AA/EO) is to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and university policies related to discrimination through:
- The effective development of, and compliance with, an affirmative action plan for recruitment, hiring, and retention of employees;
- Thorough and impartial investigation of all discrimination-related complaints; and
- Campus-wide education and outreach about laws, policies, and goals related to AA/EO and diversity.
What we do
- Promote and enforce effective university policies related to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the University's affirmative action plan as an effective recruiting and compliance tool.
- Develop, promote, and monitor effective methods of recruiting and retaining a diverse community of faculty and staff.
- Provide institutional leadership for the design and implementation of campus-wide programs in support of diversity.
- Conduct thorough and impartial investigations of complaints of discrimination and harassment.
- Work collaboratively with affiliates to provide effective training and education about discrimination, affirmative action, and diversity.
- Where appropriate, serve as a neutral dispute resolution resource in discrimination and diversity-related issues for all members of the campus community.
Last modified February 21 2012 08:11 AM