Convocation 2015 - Sunday, August 30
Information for Students - What to Expect
5:15 p.m. Community Meeting with your RA
- At the conclusion of the community meeting, first-year students will walk from their residence hall or meeting location to Patrick Gymnasium for the Convocation Ceremony.
- First year students are asked to wear their residence hall T-shirt.
- Each residence hall will walk as a group under their residence hall banner.
- Inside Patrick Gymnasium, each residence hall student group will sit together.
5:30 p.m. Class of 2019 Begins Arriving at Patrick Gymnasium
- Before the ceremony begins, students and guests will enjoy music performed by the UVM Percussion Ensemble and a slideshow of Opening Weekend activities put together by the Office of Student Life.
6:00 p.m. Convocation, Patrick Gymnasium (Mandatory)
- UVM’s president, Tom Sullivan, hosts this annual celebration that marks the official beginning of the academic year.
- Jason Maulucci, President of the Student Government Association, will welcome students to campus.
- Brief remarks will be given by President Tom Sullivan and Provost David Rosowsky.
- The ceremony will close with the alma mater performed by the university’s a cappella groups.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, first-year students will exit Patrick Gymnasium in groups by residence hall and parade down Main Street to the University Green for the Twilight Induction Ceremony. Ushers will cue students when to exit the gym.
7:00 p.m. Class of 2019 Twilight Induction Ceremony, University Green (Mandatory)
- Join your class for your induction into the UVM community with the candlelight ceremony, a unique UVM tradition.
For more information contact Kelly O'Malley, Coordinator of Presidential Events at (802) 656-3272 or by email to: Academic_Ceremonies@uvm.edu
Last modified August 03 2015 03:54 PM