Community-University Partnerships & Service Learning
Faculty Fellows for Service-Learning Program, in collaboration with Vermont Campus Compact
About the Seminar:
This seminar is designed to provide faculty members with a strong background in service-learning pedagogy and to support them as they develop a high-quality service-learning course. Fellows commit to offering a service-learning course within a year of completing the program.
The Faculty Fellows seminar will be conducted in collaboration with Vermont Campus Compact (VCC) and St. Micheal's College. The CUPS Office covers the registration fee for up to 4 UVM participants on an annual basis. UVM Faculty members apply to the seminar through the VCC application but are supported at UVM through a semester-long relationship with the CUPS Office.
In addition to having their registration covered, Faculty members who participate in the Fellows program are then eligible to apply for professional development funding through the CUPS Office.
- January: Fellows Seminar (3 days, dates TBD)
- This three-day seminar is designed as an intensive and collaborative learning experience; delivery of information about service-learning pedagogy is paired with time to work on your own course development. By the end of the seminar, participants will have a draft plan (or syllabus) for a service-learning course. Readings and assignments before/between sessions will be limited, but required.
- March (date TBD, extended lunch): UVM Fellows Mid-Semester
- One group meeting (lunch will be provided) with other Fellows will be scheduled as an opportunity to update each other on progress, consult and troubleshoot with each other, and share additional resources.
- May (date TBD, half-day): UVM Fellows Final
- A final group gathering to be held at the end of the semester. Each Fellow will be expected to present for 15 minutes on the further development/refinement of their course. The presentation will be followed by an opportunity for fellows to seek input and feedback from their cohort. This time can be used in whatever way is most valuable to the individual fellow.
- Faculty Mentorship: Interested UVM Fellows may request to be paired with a faculty mentor who is experienced in service-learning and will be available for consultation and support throughout the semester;
- Individual Consultation: The CUPS Director will also be available for one-on-one consultations as needed with individual fellows.
How to Apply (Deadline in November):Application information will be available on the Vermont Campus Compact website in October of each year. Applicants should mail a completed application to Vermont Campus Compact; please cc the CUPS Office at email@example.com when you submit an application. UVM Fellows will be selected by Vermont Campus Compact and the CUPS Office. If selected, your registration fee will be covered by the CUPs Office.
Please direct all questions about the Faculty Fellows for Service-Learning Program to firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-656-0095.
Last modified August 21 2012 02:59 PM