CUPS Resource Library
Our Service-Learning Resource Library is both online and available for in-person perusal. Click to view our holdings or stop by!
Civic Engagement / Service-Learning Networks & List-Servs
- AAC&U's Liberal Education and America's Promise (LEAP) Challenge
- AAC&U's Civic Engagement and Democratic Engagement Program
- High-Impact Practices table and publications (also available in the CUPS Library)
Resources for Preparing Students for Working in Diverse Communities in Vermont
This list is open for additions! Please share resources that you use in helping students to understand the histories present in Vermont.
- Video: People Like Us: Social Class in America (section on Burlington: The Trouble With Tofu)
- Jan Albers, Hands on the Land: A History of the Vermont Landscape
- Klyza & Trombulak, The Story of Vermont, 2nd edition
- Greg Sharrow: Many Cultures, One People: A Multicultural Handbook about Vermont for Teachers (Vermont Folklife Center book, scroll down on website)
- Fred Wiseman, Voice of the Dawn: An Autohistory of the Abenaki Nation - and many other books as well
- Elise Guyette, Discovering Black Vermont: African-American Farmers in Hinesburgh, VT 1790-1890
Migrant Dairy Farm Workers
- Online and Travelling Exhibit with Resources: The Golden Cage Project (Vermont Folklife Center)
- Migrant Justice / Milk With Dignity Campaign (website has press articles & resources)
- El viaje mas caro/The Most Costly Journey: participatory cartooning outreach projects
- Film: Welcome to Vermont: Four Stories of Resettled Identity in Bailey/Howe
- Online and Traveling Exhibit with Resources: In Their Own Words: Stories from Refugees Settled in Vermont Communities (Vermont Folklife Center)
- Documentary Project and Curriculum Resources: New Neighbors Music Project (Vermont Folklife Center) - NOTE: This website contains tremendous resources explaining the history and context of New American communities in Vermont, including links to articles: see this page on Culture Groups, in particular.
Last modified November 03 2016 11:06 AM