Asian Studies Outreach Program
- Cost: $1700 plus 3 UVM credits
- Date: June 21 to July 12 2012
- Location: Various cities in Thailand
- Teaching Unit Participants of the Overseas Institute programs are required to create a teaching unit. View the requirements for the Standard Based. Read the PDF Unit Template Design here or download the DOC Unit Template Design here.
The Institute on Thailand and its Cultures is a study abroad program for Vermont educators and teachers in Thailand. The program, which includes three instate planning session and three weeks overseas, provides participants with the opportunity to study various aspects of Thai culture such as economic development, education, and women's social status, and minority cultures in Thailand. Download the Thailand Institute poster here.
Information on donations for schools in ThailandThe program will be visiting the Chalemprakiet 48 Pansa School near Chiang Mai. Most of the students are orphans and come from regions all over Thailand. For more information on the school, please view the brochures.
General Guideline for All Overseas Programs
- The overseas program is open to Vermont teachers and school administrators only.
- Each participant must receive his or her school principal's approval to apply for and participate in the program.
- Teachers in the overseas program are expected to participate in the conferences and workshops sponsored by ASOP in the following year. They are also expected to teach about the country in their schools when they return from abroad.
- Those who have visited Asia through the ASOP sponsored program must teach about the country for at least two years in order to qualify for participation in another overseas program. This insures a broad base of participation by Vermont teachers.
- The cost indicated in the program brochure for the program covers international transportation, domestic trans portion, instructional fees in Asia, field trips, housing, and three meals a day.
- Participants who withdraw from the course after the first spring planning session date will be billed for the full amount of cost which includes UVM course tuition and all program fees.
Resources on Thailand at the ASOP library
Borrow books on Thailand from the ASOP library
Last modified June 11 2012 11:12 AM