The mission of the cooperative is to facilitate coordinated collection of high quality broad-based soil data to evaluate temporal dynamics, to complement meteorologic, hydrologic and biologic monitoring, and to support decision making and science education.
- Develop and share protocols for field and lab soil sampling and analysis
- Identify information needs that would benefit policy and management decisions
- Establish a rigorous multi-scale soils collection program whose continuity is maintained while responding to emerging issues.
- Synthesize existing soil monitoring data, including a critical review of past research and analysis of time scales of various soil dynamics
- Compile an inventory of useful historic/ongoing soil monitoring data and plots
- Provide open access to cooperative products and promote collaboration Promote opportunities at the graduate student/young investigator level.
The cooperative is affiliated with the Northeastern Ecosystem Research Cooperative (NERC). The area of focus is on New York, New England and eastern Canada.