Thursday, August 16th 2018
Welcome to the UVM Investment Club
Here are some recent Power Point files from current presentations:
(The file names represent the date of the presentation)
NYC Trip 2004 is departing Wednesday, Oct. 6th - be sure to attend all meetings
in the beginning of this semester. We will be visiting AMEX, Morgan Stanley, Bear Stearns,
Black Rock, Northwestern Mutual, and Thompson Intl.
- Audio clips
- Investment tools
- Trip pictures
- Member pages/Member profiles page w/ resumes, etc.
The mission of the Investment Club is to familiarize UVM students with the fundamentals of stock market investing.
- Students as a group will explore different types of stock investments i.e. growth, aggressive growth, dividend yielding stocks etc. and discuss the risks and benefits of each.
- The students will also review the different means of investing; brokers, discount brokers, the internet etc. and discuss the positives and negatives of each.
- Students will explore the various aides available to investors such as internet sites, barons, The Wall Street Journal, Value Line and become somewhat familiar with the type of information each provide.
- The Group will eventually prepare and run a mock portfolio of stocks as agreed by the group and measure the portfolio's performance.
- At some point, the group would look to arrange field trips to Wall Street firms or other investment centers to see this investing activity in real time.
home | about | news & events | future millionaires | fountain of knowledge | portfolio | links
UVM Invesment Club logo Copywright Norma Spence and the
University of Vermont
Please contact our webmaster for
about this site. Copyright 2002.All Rights Reserved.
Stock Ticker powered
by Ticker Technologies
Inc., copyright 2001. All, Rights Reserved. Quote is at least 20
minutes delayed. Full
Free DHTML scripts provided by
Last updated Tuesday, October 29,2002.