342 South Prospect Street
1961, French-Freeman-French, architects
Center for Cultural Pluralism
1965 Blundell House (UVM-Special Collection Archives)
Named after the late Alice E. Blundell, a member of the UVM's Home Economics teaching staff from 1918 until her death in 1937, the International-styled house, designed by Freeman-French-Freeman architectural firm, officially opened on December 9, 1961 as a Home Management Laboratory for seniors in the university's Home Economics Program. The building cost $55,000 to construct.  The flat-roofed, one-story building sets on a foundation wall and is composed of two rectangular sections, connected by an entrance cubicle. The building's exterior walls were initially sheathed with vertical boards, but currently, green vinyl siding hides the original vertical boards from sight. Also, the house is fenestrated with large, single-paned, rectangular windows of varying sizes, most of which are grouped in horizontal bands. The front elevation fronts the Historic Redstone Campus green and situates next to the 1891 Redstone Lodge. The building is currently housing the Center for Cultural Pluralism.
1965 Blundell House's Interior View
 Blundell House Folder (1956}, University of Vermont, Bailey Library-Special Collection Archives.
Researched by: Shane Stacey
graduate student, Historic Preservation Program, University of Vermont, 2007