This house is another excellent example of the transitional Italianate/Greek Revival residential houses so common in Burlington. Built between 1869 and 1877, this house is easily identifiable on the 1877 Bird's-Eye-View map of Burlington. This three bay, side hall entrance structure appears from the front much as it did when first built. An early one and one-half story addition at the back of the house apearss on the 1877 map as well. The original clapboards still clad the exterior and many of the original decorative details remain. The Italianate characteristics of this structure include peaked lintels over the windows and large paired brackets at the cornice. The Greek Revival door surround includes rectangular transom lights and three-quarter sidelights.
C.G. Peck appears on the 1890 Hopkins map as owner of this building, although he is not listed in the directory at this time. This house was probably constructed to provide housing for workers in Burlington during the lumber boom years of the 1860s and early 1870s. The house was converted for use as apartments in 1912.
 Burlington City Directory, 1890.
 National Register Nomination, Amendment to the Battery
Street Historic District. (Montpelier: Vermont Division for Historic
Preservation, 1976-78), 2.