About the HERS Wellesley Institute
The HERS Wellesley Institute is one of several programs offered by Higher Education Resource Services (HERS), an educational non-profit providing leadership and management development for women in higher education administration. HERS has served the higher education community since 1972, preparing more than 4300 women faculty and administrators for leadership roles.
HERS Institutes attendees include women faculty, academic administrators, professional staff, and senior executives from all areas of the academy. The Institutes' faculty, instructors, and guest speakers include current and former women presidents, provosts, deans, and other top-level administrators and leaders in higher education.
- Understanding the Higher Education Environment
- Planning and Leading Change in the Academy
- Managing and Investing Strategic Resources
- Mapping Your Leadership Development
- Engaging Individual and Institutional Diversity
Benefits of the Program
- Prepare for future higher education administrative roles
- Gain perspective on key issues in higher education globally and nationally
- Understand key institutional decision-making and change processes
- Focus on individual skills and career development
- Experience a supportive learning environment
- Access a worldwide network of women academic and administrative leaders
Program Schedule (2017/2018)
The series consists of four sessions during the academic year (long weekends). Attendance at each of the three sessions is mandatory.
- October 5 - 7, 2017
- November 9 - 11, 2017
- February 22 - 24, 2018
- March 22 - 24, 2018
In addition to the on-site sessions listed above, there will be online, supplemental sessions in December 2017 and January 2018. Dates TBD.
Program Costs (2017/2018)
- This year (2017/2018), the Division of Human Resources, Diversity, and Multicultural Affairs (HRDMA) will provide a scholarship up to $5,000 toward the tuition and application fee for one woman to attend the HERS Wellesley Institute from UVM. Remaining tuition will be the responsibility of the individual or the individual's department.
- Travel, meals (apart from those included in the tuition fee), and hotel expenses will be the responsibility of the individual or the individual's department.
- For complete information about tuition fees please click here.
- HERS alumnae are expected to share what they learn with the UVM community and assist in the selection of candidates for next year.
Last modified May 10 2017 04:11 PM