University of Vermont Nicotine Patch Study
More InformationIt's easy to become part of the Nicotine Patch Study. Here's all you need to do:
- Answer a few questions to see if you are eligible. You can answer these questions either over the phone or on the Internet.
- If you are eligible, we will tell you more details about the study and answer any questions you have.
- After your questions are answered, you can decide whether or not you want to be in the study. If you do want to be in the study, we will mail you a consent form with all the details about the study. You review that consent, call us with any questions, and then sign and return the consent form. Your decision to be in the study is completely voluntary, and you can stop being in the study at any time.
- Once we get your signed informed consent we will do a final screening. If eligible, we will schedule your first phone call with a quit-smoking counselor.
- At your first counseling call you will set a quit date and we will send you nicotine patches promptly so you have them to use on your quit date.
Last modified March 05 2013 10:45 AM