Experimental Nanomechanics Resources
Thin Film Electrodeposition:
- Keithley 2420 DC Power supply (max 3A capability) controlled by GPIB card
- PC acquisition computer
- Cimarec Hot-plate/stirrer
- EFFA metal sputter coater (Au, Al, Cr, Cu, Ni)
Atomic Force Microscopy:
- Quesant universal scanning probe microscope including:
- AFM contact, tapping, phase, lateral force, force-depth modes
- STM (constant current or constant height)
- Sample-heater stage (up to 300 oC)
- Open and closed liquid cells
- Metrology 3D closed-loop scanner (40 X 40 microns)
||Atomic Force/Scanning Tunneling Microscope
Sample and Tip Preparation:
- Buehler Ecomet3000 grinder/polisher with SiC paper grit 60 to 1200, and soft clothes including 0.25, 1, 3 and 9 microns diamond suspension fluids.
- House-made electroetcher for STM tip preparation.
- EMS ultrasonic bath with timer and heater.
- Various sample preparation equipments
- JEOL JSM 6060 scanning electron microscope with measurement scaler (max magnification X300,000).
||Scanning Electron Microscope
Microfabrication Facilities in the College of Engineering and Mathematics
- SBT 2000 reactive ion etcher
- K&S wedge bounder
- Webb high-vacuum furnace
- SBT diamond wire saw
- SYST positive pressure laminar flow fume hood
- Cyberoptics laser profilometer
- Karl Suss MJB3 mask aligner
- Laurell spin-coater with Shippley positive photoresist
- Nikon optical comparator
- Masks are made off-campus
Cell Imaging Facility of the College of Medicine:
- JEOL 1210 transmission electron microscope with 32 bit internal microprocessor for instrument control; a Kodak MegaPlus high resolution video camera for digital image acquisition; and advanced image processing software (Image ProPlus). A Princeton Gamma Tech IMIX Microanalysis System is attached to this JEOL electron microscope for elemental analysis of specimens.
- Olympus BX50 research microscope for transmitted light, phase contrast, and epi-fluorescence microscopy. This microscope contains objective lenses of 4X, 10X, 20X, 40X and 100X , and bandpass filters for ultraviolet, blue and green fluorescence emissions.