Details Regarding Nov. 2 CatAlert
- By University Communications
- This morning at approximately 8:23 a.m. a female non-affiliate entered a UVM classroom brandishing a toy gun.
- 911 was called immediately, and UVM police responded in minutes.
- The non-affiliate was quickly apprehended.
- There is no threat to the UVM community.
- The students in the classroom were released from the class.
- The University's Emergency Operations Group was activated and a campus-wide CatAlert was sent.
- University Counseling and Psychiatry Services is in the process of offering assistance to students who were directly impacted by the incident.
If you know and/or are aware of a student who needs assistance as a result of this incident, please direct them to the university's Counseling and Psychiatry Services (CAPS) immediately for assistance, (802) 656-3340.
Updates will be posted to the university's Emergency Management website.