1. Transcript Review
- Meet with C&I primary advisor to review
- By the end of add/drop period of the final
2. Intent to Graduate Form
- July 1 for October; October 1 for December;
February 1 for May
- Submit original to Graduate College/ Submit
copy to C&I Program Coordinator
3. Form an Oral Defense Committee
- You must put together a three-person committee,
approved by your advisor. These three faculty members
will serve as your Oral Defense Committee.
- 1 to 2 months prior to your Oral Exam
4. Written Comprehensive Paper
- This paper should describe each of the courses
taken within the C&I Program, what you have gained
from the course and how it is or will be applied to
your teaching career.
- Must be delivered to your Oral Defense
Committee NO LATER than two (2) weeks
prior to your Oral Exam.
5. Oral Defense
- This is your oral presentation based on the
written comprehensive paper submitted to your Oral
Defense Committee. The presentation should be 20
minutes with an additional 10 minutes for Q & A.
Orals must be completed by the following timeline.
- To graduate October, defend by September 1
- To graduate January, defend by November 15
- To graduate May, defend by April 15
C&I Program Support
Department of Education
University of Vermont
533 Waterman Building
Burlington, Vermont 05405
Last modified February 26 2014 10:32 AM