1. Neher, D.A. 2019. Compost and plant disease suppression. BioCycle 60(8): 22-25.
2. O’Brien, B.J., Neher, D.A., and Roy, E.D. 2019. Nutrient and pathogen suppression properties of anaerobic digestates from dairy manure and food waste feedstocks. Waste and Biomass Valorization DOI 10.1007/s12649-019-00906-4
3. Neher, D.A. and Barbercheck, M.E. 2019. Soil microarthropods and soil health: Intersection of decomposition and pest suppression. Insects 10(12):414. DOI 10.3390/insects10120414
4. Andrews, T., Neher, D.A., Weicht, T.R., and Barlow, J.W. 2019. Mammary microbiome of lactating organic dairy cows varies by time, tissue site, and infection status. PloS ONE 14(11): e0225001. DOI 10.1371/journal.pone.0225001
5. Neher, D.A., Nishanthan, T., Grabau, Z.J., and Chen, S.Y. 2019. Crop rotation and tillage affect nematode communities more than biocides in monoculture soybean. Applied Soil Ecology 140: 89-97. DOI 10.1016/j.apsoil.2019.03.016
6. Neher, D.A., Cutler, A.J., Weicht, T.R., Sharma, M., and Millner, P.D. 2019. Composts of poultry litter or dairy manure differentially affect survival of enteric bacteria in fields with spinach. Journal of Applied Microbiology 126:1910-1922. DOI 10.1111/jam.14268
7. Hu, W., Kidane, E., Neher, D.A., and Chen, S. 2019. Field and greenhouse evaluations of soil suppressiveness to Heterodera glycines in the Midwest corn-soybean production systems. Journal of Nematology 51:e2019-32. DOI 10.21307/jofnem-2019-032
8. Neher, D.A., Weicht, T.R. 2018. A plate competition assay as a quick preliminary assessment of disease suppression. Journal of Visualized Experiments e58767, http://www.jove.com/video/58767, doi:10.3791/58767.
9. Conrad, Z., Niles, M., Neher, D. A., Roy, E. D., Tichenor, N. E., and Jahns, L. 2018. Relationship between diet quality, food waste, and environmental sustainability. PloS ONE 13(4): e0195405. DOI 10.1371/journal.pone.0195405.
10. Shah, M.K., Bradshaw, R., Nyarko, E., Millner, P.D., Neher, D.A., Weicht, T.R., Bergholz, T.M., and Sharma, M. 2018. Survival and growth of wild-type and rpoS-deficient Salmonella Newport strains in soil extracts amended with heat-treated poultry pellets. Journal of Food Protection JFP-18-465.
11. Steel, H., Moens, T., Vandecasteele, B., Hendrickx, F., De Neve, S., Neher, D. A., and Bert, W. 2018. Factors influencing the nematode community during composting and nematode-based criteria for compost maturity. Ecological Indicators 85: 409-421. DOI 10.1016/j.ecolind.2017.10.039.
12. Neher, D. A., Fang, L., and Weicht, T. R. 2017. Ecoenzymes as indicators of compost to suppress Rhizoctonia solani. Compost Science and Utilization 25(4): 251-261. DOI 10.1080/1065657X.2017.1300548.
13. Neher, D.A., Williams, K.M., and Lovell, S.T. 2017. Environmental indicators reflective of road design in a forested landscape. Ecosphere 8(3):e01734. DOI 10.1002/ecs2.1734.
14. Bakelaar, J.E., Neher, D.A., and Gilker, R. 2016. Minimal soil impact by cold season pasture management in Vermont. Canadian Journal of Soil Science DOI 10.1139/CJSS-2014-0005.
15. Neher, D.A., Weicht, T.R., and Dunseith, P. 2015. Compost for management of weed seeds, pathogen, and early blight on brassicas in organic farmer fields. Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems 39: 3-18.
16. Neher, D.A., Muthumbi, A.W.N., and Dively, G.P. 2014. Impact of coleopteran-active Bt corn on non-target nematode communities in soil and decomposing corn roots. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 76: 127-135.
17. Neher, D. A., Weicht, T. R., Bates, S. T., Leff, J. W., and Fierer, N. 2013. Changes in bacterial and fungal communities across compost recipes, preparation methods, and composting times. PLoS ONE 10.1371/journal.pone.0079512.
18. Neher, D.A., Asmussen, D., and Lovell, S.T. 2013. Roads in northern hardwood forests affect adjacent plant communities and soil chemistry in proportion to maintained roadside area. Science of the Total Environment. 449: 320-327.
Publications by Topic
Last updated 12/13/19