1. Neher, D.A., Weicht, T.R., and Dunseith, P. 2015. Compost for management of weed seeds, pathogen, and early blight on brassicas in organic farmer fields. Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems 39: 3-18.
2. Wang, F., Li, J., Wang, X., Zhang, W., Zou, B., Neher, D.A., and Li, Z. 2014. Nitrogen and phosphorus addition impact soil N2O emission in a secondary tropical forest of South China. Scientific Reports DOI 10.1038/srep05615.
3. Neher, D.A., Muthumbi, A.W.N., and Dively, G.P. 2014. Impact of coleopteran-active Bt corn on non-target nematode communities in soil and decomposing corn roots. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 76: 127-135.
4. Zhao, J., and Neher, D.A. 2014. Soil energy pathways of different ecosystems using nematode trophic group analysis: a meta-analysis. Nematology 16: 379-385.
5. Neher, D. A., and Weicht, T. R. 2013. Nematode genera in forest soil respond differentially to elevated CO2. Journal of Nematology 45: 214-222.
6. Neher, D. A., Weicht, T. R., Bates, S. T., Leff, J. W., and Fierer, N. 2013. Changes in bacterial and fungal communities across compost recipes, preparation methods, and composting times. PLoS ONE 10.1371/journal.pone.0079512.
7. Zhang, W., Hendrix, P. F., Dame, L. E., Burke, R. A., Wu, J., Neher, D. A., Li, J., Shao, Y., and Fu, S. 2013. Earthworms facilitate carbon sequestration through unequal amplification of carbon stabilization compared to mineralization. Nature Communications. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms3576.
8. Neher, D.A., Asmussen, D., and Lovell, S.T. 2013. Roads in northern hardwood forests affect adjacent plant communities and soil chemistry in proportion to maintained roadside area. Science of the Total Environment. 449: 320-327.
9. Wang, F., Liu, J., Zou, B., Neher, D.A., Zhu, W., and Li, Z. 2013. Species-dependent responses of soil microbial properties to fresh leaf inputs in a subtropical forest soil in South China. Journal of Plant Ecology 7: 86-96.
10. Zhao, J., and Neher, D.A. 2013. Soil nematode genera that predict specific types of disturbance. Applied Soil Ecology 64: 135-141.
11. Zhao, J., Neher, D.A., Fu, S., Li, Z., Wang, K. 2013. Non-target effects of herbicides on soil nematode assemblages. Pest Management Science 69: 679-684.
12. Zhao, J., Shao, Y., Wang, X., Neher, D.A., Xu, G., Li, Z., and Fu, S. 2013. Sentinel soil invertebrate taxa as bioindicators for forest management practices. Ecological Indicators 24: 236-239.
13. Wang, F., Zhu, W., Zou, B., Neher, D.A., Xia, H., Fu, S., Li, Z. 2013. Seedling growth and soil nutrient availability in exotic and native tree species: implications for afforestation in southern China. Plant and Soil 364: 207-218.
14. Gilker, R.E., Bakelaar, J.E., Canella, M.P., and Neher, D.A. 2012. Bedded Pack in Vermont: Five stories. University of Vermont Extension Bulletin.
15. Darby, B.J., and Neher, D.A. 2012. Stable isotope composition of microfauna supports the occurrence of biologically fixed nitrogen from cyanobacteria in desert soil food webs. Journal of Arid Environments 85: 76-78.
16. Shao, Y., Zhang, W., Liu, Z., Sun, Y., Chen, D., Wu, J., Zhau, L., Xia, H., Neher, D.A., and Fu, S. 2012. Responses of soil microbial and nematode communities to aluminum toxicity in vegetated soil-shale-waste lands. Ecotoxicology 21: 2132-2142.
17. Neher, D.A., Weicht, T.R., and Barbercheck, M.E. 2012. Linking invertebrate communities to decomposition rate and nitrogen availability in pine forest soils. Applied Soil Ecology 54:14-23.
18. Zelikova, T.J., Housman, D.C., Grote, E.E., Neher, D.A., and Belnap, J. 2012. Warming and increased precipitation frequency on the Colorado Plateau: Implications for biological soil crusts and soil processes. Plant and Soil 355: 265-282.
19. Darby B.J., Housman, D.C., Neher, D.A., and Belnap, J. 2011. Few short-term effects of elevated soil temperature and increased frequency of summer precipitation on the abundance and taxonomic diversity of desert soil micro– and meso-fauna. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 43:1474-1481.
20. Bao, Y., and Neher, D.A. 2011. Survey of lesion and northern root-knot nematodes associated with vegetables in Vermont. Nematropica 41:98-106.
21. Bao, Y., Neher, D.A., and Chen, S. 2010. Effect of soil disturbance and biocides on nematode communities and extracellular enzyme activity in soybean cyst nematode suppressive soil. Nematology 13:387-699.
22. Neher, D.A. 2010. Ecology of plant and free-living nematodes in natural and agricultural soil. Annual Review of Phytopathology 48:371-394.
23. Darby, B.J., Neher, D.A., and Belnap, J. 2009. Impact of biological soil crusts and desert plants on soil microfaunal community composition. Plant and Soil 328:421-431.
24. Neher, D.A., Lewins, S.A., Weicht, T.R., and Darby, B.J. 2009. Microarthropod communities associated with biological soil crusts in the Colorado Plateau and Chihuahuan deserts. Journal of Arid Environments 73:672-677.
25. Lawhorn, C.N., Neher, D.A., and Dively, G.P. 2009. Impact of Coleopteran targeting toxin (Cry3Bb1) of Bt corn on microbially mediated decomposition. Applied Soil Ecology 41: 364-368.
26. Powers, T.O., Neher, D.A., Mullin, P. Esquivel, A., Giblin-Davis, R.M., Kanzaki, N., Stock, S.P., Mora, M.M., and Uribe-Lorio, L. 2009. Tropical nematode diversity: Vertical stratification of nematode communities in a Costa Rican humid lowland tropical rainforest. Molecular Ecology 18: 985-996.
27. Barbercheck, M.E., Neher, D.A., Anas, O., El-Allaf, S.M., and Weicht, T.R. 2009. Response of soil fauna to disturbance across three resource regions in North Carolina. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 152: 283-298
Publications by Topic