Lab 3: High Resolution NMR
Chem Dept Agilent (Varian) 500 MHz NMR with VnmrJ software
Handouts & References:
- D.P. Shoemaker, C.W. Garland, & J.W. Nibler, Expt 44: NMR determination of keto-enol equilibrium constants, Experiments in Physical Chemistry, 5th Ed, McGraw-Hill, NY, 1989, pp 522-531
- H.E. Gottlieb, V. Kotlyar & A. Nudelman: NMR chemical shifts of common laboratory solvents as trace impurities. J. Org. Chem. 62: 7512-7515, 1997.
- J.L. Burdett & M.T. Rogers, Keto-enol tautomerism in β-dicarbonyls studied by NMR spectroscopy. I. Proton chemical shifts and equilibrium constants of pure compounds, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 86: 2105-9, 1964
- M.T. Rogers & J.L. Burdett, Keto-enol tautomerism in β-dicarbonyls studied by NMR spectroscopy. II. Solvent effects on proton chemical shifts and on equilibrium constants, Can. J. Chem. 43: 1516-26, 1965
- R.M. Claramunt, C. Lopez, M.D.S. Maria, D. Sanz & J. Elguero: The use of NMR spectroscopy to study tautomerism. Prog. Nucl. Magn. Reson. Spectrosc. 49: 169-206, 2006.
Get a PDF of
Last modified January 28 2017 04:08 PM