Find us on Google Maps:590 Main St.
Burlington, VT 05405
Phone: (802) 656-INFO
- CAMPUS MAP (PDF)
Shows the DC in relation to other buildings on campus, highlights visitor parking, shuttle bus stops and one-way roads
- UVM PARKING MAP (PDF)
Shows paid and free lots near the DC
- Accessible parking is available: 6 spaces on the Davis Center Oval outside the third floor, and 5 spaces behind the second floor of the Davis Center, next to Morrill Hall.
Entering, Exiting, and Navigating the Davis Center
- Entryways: main entrances on each floor are equipped with punch pad automatic door openers. Main entrances include the north-facing Atrium entrance on the first floor, west-facing green roof entrance on the second floor and east-facing Oval entrance on the third floor. Familiarize yourself with the Davis Center floor plans.
- Elevators: there are two centrally located public elevators which access all four floors of the building. There is also an elevator at the tunnel exit on the opposite side of Main Street.
- Service animals are allowed to be in all University Buildings, including the residence halls.
- Wheelchair is available at the Davis Center Operations & Event Services office adjacent to the third floor information center on a first come, first served basis. Call (802) 656-1204 to reserve ahead.
- Information Centers are located on the 1st and 3rd floors. Our desks are equipped with universally designed multi-level counters for wheelchair accessibility.
- Areas of Refuge: in the event of an emergency where elevators cannot or should not be used, please wait for assistance from fire and/or rescue personnel in designated Areas of Refuge (these areas are clearly labeled). There are two Areas of Refuge located on the fourth floor, the only floor without direct access to the ground level.
- In addition to accessible stalls in all public restrooms, there are gender neutral, single-person bathrooms on each floor. These bathrooms offer more privacy, and include a sink, toilet, and shower stall. There is an additional private bathroom on the first floor between the WRUV 90.1 FM radio station and the Cynic newspaper offices. This restroom is slightly larger than the other private bathrooms and is not equipped with a shower.
Audio-Visual and Technical Services
- Assisted Listening Devices: There are 45 Assistive Listening Devices, which are free of charge and can be reserved by contacting the Davis Center Operations & Events Office at (802) 656-1204.
- Closed Captioning: is available in either ballroom. Contact the Davis Center Operations & Events Office to request closed captioning.
- ASL Interpretation Services: are available by contacting the UVM ACCESS office by telephone (802) 656-7753, video phone (802) 881-0137 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Lifts, Ramps, and Staging: For events using risers or staging, a power wheelchair lift is available upon request (Davis Center Operations & Event Services: (802) 656-1204). Risers and staging are adjustable to heights of 8", 18", 20", or 24". The stage in Brennan's Pub is approximately 12" high and has a built in ramp for wheelchair access.
UVM ACCESS OFFICE: For further questions regarding accessibility issues at UVM and the services offered, contact the ACCESS office at (802) 656-7753 or firstname.lastname@example.org.