- About UVM
- Student Life
Community Service Scholarship Program
The application for 2014-2015 CSSP scholarships is now open.
The deadline to apply is February 18th, 2014.
- This scholarship is open to all incoming first year students and to current students in their first year at the Dewey House for Civic Engagement.
- Individual students are invited to submit an application during
the admissions process. In addition, entering first year students and
transfer students who demonstrate a commitment to community service
through their admissions materials, essays, and recommendations may
receive a letter inviting them to apply.
- Students fill out an application to demonstrate qualification. Six to ten scholars are selected from this pool annually. The application will be made available on this Website by the end of November.
- Recipients are awarded a merit-based scholarship of $2,500 annually.
- Requirements of the Scholarship (see terms and conditions):
- Scholars must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average
for renewal as well as enrollment in at least twelve credits per
semester (scholarship may be renewed all 4 years).
- Scholars must enroll in one, one-credit class each semester during the first and second academic year.
- Community Service Scholars are also required to complete 80 hours of community service during each academic year. Service can be completed on and off campus.
- Scholars must complete 1 written reflection per month during each academic year. A student who fails to complete the reflections in an academic year will be afforded a probationary period
- Scholars must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average for renewal as well as enrollment in at least twelve credits per semester (scholarship may be renewed all 4 years).
- Upon entering UVM, students become a part of the Community Service Scholars Program through which they will interact with other scholars, complete joint service projects, and participate in leadership development and training opportunities.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or call 802-656-2575**
Last modified December 06 2013 11:44 AM
Contact UVM © 2013 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131