- About UVM
- Student Life
Community Service Scholarship Program
The application for 2013-2014 CSSP scholarships has closed.
The application for 2014-2015 will be available in November.
Important information for returning Dewey House students below.*
- This scholarship is open to all incoming first year students and to current students in their first year at the Dewey House for Civic Engagement.
- Individual students are invited to submit an application during
the admissions process. In addition, entering first year students and
transfer students who demonstrate a commitment to community service
through their admissions materials, essays, and recommendations may
receive a letter inviting them to apply.
- Students fill out an application to demonstrate qualification. Six to ten scholars are selected from this pool annually. The application will be made available on this Website by the end of November.
- Recipients are awarded a merit-based scholarship of $2,500 annually.
- Requirements of the Scholarship (see terms and conditions):
- Scholars must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average
for renewal as well as enrollment in at least twelve credits per
semester (scholarship may be renewed all 4 years).
- Scholars must enroll in one, one-credit class each semester during the first and second academic year.
- Community Service Scholars are also required to complete 80
hours of community service during each academic year. Service can be
completed on and off campus.
- Scholars must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average for renewal as well as enrollment in at least twelve credits per semester (scholarship may be renewed all 4 years).
- Upon entering UVM, students become a part of the Community Service Scholars Program through which they will interact with other scholars, complete joint service projects, and participate in leadership development and training opportunities.
* If you are applying as a returning Dewey House student, you must also submit your answer to the following question via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your application to be complete:
If selected to be a Community Service Scholar, you will commit to contributing 80 hours of civic engagement, writing reflections on these contributions, and actively participating in the Civic Engagement & Leadership second-year seminar. What would this opportunity mean to you? (Please limit your response to 200-300 words.)
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or call 802-656-2575**
Last modified March 06 2013 02:52 PM