Community Service Scholarship Program
The application for 2017-2018 is now available.
The deadline to apply for 2017-2018 is March 8th, 2017.
- This scholarship is open to all incoming first year students and to current students in their first year at the Dewey House for Community Engagement.
- Individual students are invited to submit an application during
the admissions process. In addition, entering first year students and
transfer students who demonstrate a commitment to community service
through their admissions materials, essays, and recommendations may
receive a letter inviting them to apply.
- Students fill out an application to demonstrate qualification. Six to ten scholars are selected from this pool annually. The application will be made available on this Website by the end of November.
- Recipients are awarded a merit-based scholarship of $2,500 annually.
- Requirements of the Scholarship (see terms and conditions):
- Scholars must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average
for renewal as well as enrollment in at least twelve credits per
semester (scholarship may be renewed all 4 years).
- Scholars must enroll and participate in one, one-credit class each semester during the first and second academic years.
- Community Service Scholars are also required to complete and record 80 hours of community service during each academic year. Service can be completed on and off campus.
- Scholars must complete 1 written reflection per month during each academic year.� A student who fails to complete the reflections in a timely manner will be afforded one probationary period and may result in termination.
- Scholars must live in the Dewey House for Community Engagement Residential Learning Community for their first year. If a Scholar wishes to be part of the Honors College or another Integrated program with a residential option, the student can do so but still must live in the Dewey House. If the Scholar wishes to be part of another program which has a residential requirement, the student must choose between receiving the scholarship/living in the Dewey House and being part of that other residential program.
- Scholars must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average for renewal as well as enrollment in at least twelve credits per semester (scholarship may be renewed all 4 years).
- Upon entering UVM, students become a part of the Community Service Scholars Program through which they will interact with other Scholars, complete joint service projects, and participate in leadership development and training opportunities.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or call 802-656-2575
Last modified January 12 2017 02:09 PM
Contact UVM © 2017 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131