Constitution Day at the University of Vermont
If you'd like to read more:
- Amar, Akhil. America's Constitution, A Biography (Random House, 2005).
- Dry, Murray. Civil Freedom and the Quest for Truth: The First Amendment Freedoms in Political Philosophy and American Constitutionalism (Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 2004).
- Earle, John. "Defending the Right to Read Freely." Vermont Quarterly. Fall 2004: 10 http://www.uvm.edu/vtquarterly/vqfall04/notebook.html
- Hamilton, Alexander, et al. The Federalist Papers (Liberty Fund, 2001).
- Nelson, William E. The Fourteenth Amendment: From Political Principle to Judicial Doctrine (Harvard University Press, 1995).
- Scalia, Antonin. A Matter of Interpretation: Federal Courts and the Law (Princeton University Press, 1997).
- Stone, Geoffrey R. Perilous Times: Free Speech in Wartime from the Sedition Act of 1798 to the War on Terrorism (Norton, W.W. & Company, Inc., 2004).
- Tribe, Laurence H. and Michael C. Dorf. On Reading the Constitution (Harvard University Press, 1991).
Government Documents in Bailey/Howe Library is your source for a wide array of additional information on the Constitution. Visit us online stop by. We are located on the ground floor.
Last modified September 12 2012 02:17 PM