News and Announcements
- FY16 Effort Forms now availabile in ERS (8/19/16) - Effort forms are now available in the University's Effort Reporting System(ERS). Unit effort administrators have been prompted to initiate the certification process and support their Unit's faculty and staff during the certification process. ERS users are encouraged to review the available ERS Cert job aids prior to using ERS and reviewing/certifying their effort form. The due date for completed certified effort forms in ERS is October 15, 2016.
Effort Forms availability in ERS (8/3/16) - The
FY16 effort forms will be available in mid-August.
Designated ERS DC and SUBDC personnel will receive a
communication from ERS when the forms are ready. A
separate memo will be sent to the active Principal
Investigators to request their active participation
in reviewing/approving FY16 effort certification
forms. The deadline for completed effort
certification forms is October 15, 2016.
Certification Software training Available (8/3/16)
lecture/hands-on training is designed for
administrators new to using the ERS Certification
software or administrators who need a refresher
course beyond the available ERS
Cert job aids. Administrators who are new are
required to take this training. Enrollment for the
Effort Certification Software training (course
number CPT041) must occur through UVM’s
Professional Development and Training department.
The scheduled sessions are:
- Tuesday 1:30-3:00 on August 9, 2016 - 113Q Waterman Computer Teaching Lab
9:00-10:30 on August 17, 2016 - Billings
165 PD&T Computer lab
- FY16 Space and Equipment Inventory (8/3/16) - The completion deadline for the University's annual space and equipment inventory was July 30, 2016. Please ensure that your designated inventory administrators complete and certify their space and movable equipment inventory as soon as possible (if they have not done so already). Department's are required to run space and equipment reports from the Crystal Reports Server to conduct QA on their inventory results prior to submitting the certification form.
quarterly effort verifications in ERS (11/22/15) - Designated
ERS users are expected to use ERS to verify actual
payroll charges on sponsored agreements are
accurate, allowable and properly allocated,
proactively request effort reduction requests and establish an audit
trail of required quarterly reviews of
New ERS job aids and scheduled training sessions are
published on the Guidance
on using ERS web site.
Effort Certifications are due on October 15, 2015
effort forms for FY15 are due. Contact your
designated effort administrator for your unit for
help or use the Guidance
on using ERS web site for instructions/job
- Effort Certification Software training Available (7/27/15) - This lecture/hands-on training is designed for administrators new to using the ERS Certification software or administrators who need a refresher course beyond the available ERS Cert job aids. Administrators who are new are required to take this training. Enrollment for the Effort Certification Software training (course number CPT041) must occur through UVM’s Learning Services. The scheduled sessions are:
- Tuesday 9:00-10:30 on August 4, 2015 - Dana Medical Library Conference Room (Room 105)
9:00-10:30 on August 6, 2015 - 113T Waterman
Computer Teaching Lab
- Tuesday 1:30-3:00 on August 11, 2015 - Dana Medical Library Conference Room (Room 105)
- Thursday 9:00-10:30 on August 13, 2015 - 113T Waterman Computer Teaching Lab
Open labs are scheduled from 1:15-2:30 in 113T Waterman on August 20, September 9 and September 23. Effort certification are due by October 15, 2015
- Dawn Caffrey joins Cost Accounting Services (5/18/15) - Dawn Caffrey is the new Senior Cost Accountant in Cost Accounting Services. Dawn's costing experience with Sponsored Projects including the University's NSF EPSCOR program will serve her well in supporting the University in her new role. Dawn replaces Jana Talcott who recently left the University for another job opportunity. Dawn will be assuming the same responsibilities as her predecessor. A summary of CAS staff responsibilities may be found by clicking here.
- FY16 Benefit rates have been finalized (4/29/15) - The benefit rates for FY16 have been negotiated with the federal government. Starting in FY16, the temporary employees and the student employees will each have a separate benefit rate applied to their payroll. A matrix of the benefit rates is available by clicking here.
- FY15-FY18 F&A Rates available - Predetermined F&A rates for the FY15-FY18 time period are now available. Please ensure that the applicable F&A rate in the sponsored agreement proposal reflects the updated negotiated F&A rates. Contact your SPA Administrator to determine the most appropriate rate.
Email Michael.Meunier or call 656-1375 with any cost accounting questions or concerns.
Last modified August 19 2016 11:18 AM