Functional Usage - Labs/Lab Service
assigned PI(s) as a Room Contact for each lab and lab service coded room.
feedback from the assigned PI(s) on functional usage and occupants for
their assigned rooms.
- Typically, the lab service room serving a
lab is functionally classified with the same functional activities and
- Lab Service rooms used by mulitple labs are
functionalized based on the functional classification of the labs it
- Example - One lab is 100% organized research and one
lab is 100% instruction. The lab service room serves both labs. The
functional activies for the lab service room is 50% organized research
and 50% instruction.
- Rooms coded 100%
Organized Research must
pass a higher level of scrutiny than
- All occupants must have a high percentage of their
funding from organized research chart strings.
- Retain a full written description of the
used to code a room 100% organized research.
- Multiple rooms coded as 50/50 or 95/5 imply a pattern
usage without proper consideraton of all the factors.
- Assess whether graduate students use the lab space and
classify an appropriate % of the space for any instruction
Last modified February 28 2010 07:14 AM