The inventory principles of the Space and Movable
Equipment inventory are :
- Designated department inventory personnel shall be
prior to conducting an inventory.
- Departments shall inventory their respective rooms and
update each room's information in the FAMIS
database. All leased space including leased
storage areas shall be
included in the inventory.
- Knowledgeable personnel on how each room is
used will be solicited for their input. For
example, a PI overseeing a lab's activities should be
- Functional classification of a room space shall be
sound and reconciled with the functional values of the
funding the room's activities.
- Each movable equipment item will be inventoried and
on-going usage assessed.
- Occupants of a room during the fiscal year must be
included in the room.
- Chart strings funding the functional activities of a
room shall be
provided where appropriate.
- Departmental custodian changes of a room shall be
to Campus Planning Services in a timely manner.
- Reconciling activities should be performed by the
department to ensure the integrity of the inventory data
Last modified March 17 2013 09:50 AM