Space and Movable Equipment Inventory - Instructions, process and definitions
- Updating Space: Each department is responsible for updating the inventory results of their respective rooms into the web based FAMIS Self-Service Space Database.
- Updating Movable Equipment: Items and associated location data are updated nightly between Peoplesoft's Asset Management and FAMIS.
- Inventory Year: Each room's data must be reviewed, updated and approved by the department. The inventory year of each room's data must be updated in each room.
- Processing Timing: Space changes are reviewed
by Campus Planning and processed into the FAMIS Space
Database. The processing typically takes 1 business day before
changes are processed and reflected on the Space reports.
- New Inventory Personnel: Before FAMIS self-service access is provided, formal training is required. Training sessions are typically available in April. Contact Campus Planning to obtain additional training requests.
- Experience Inventory Personnel: Prior to conducting your annual inventory, reviewing the latest inventory instructions on the space and equipment inventory is required. Enrolling in one of the offered space inventory classes is recommended for inventory personnel who feel additional clarifications are needed. Contact Campus Planning to obtain additional training requests.
- Space Training Guide: For specific instructions
on updating space in FAMIS, obtaining floorplans and running
the space reports, please reference the FAMIS
Last modified April 01 2013 10:50 AM