Exercise and Movement Science Transfer Information
Transfer applications will be reviewed at the end of the
semester only. Current UVM students apply by completing the online Exercise and Movement
Science Intrauniversity transfer application.
External applicants may either download or request an undergraduate
application from the Office
ALL transfer applicants must also fill out and return to the CNHS Office of Students Services an Essential Functions form for exercise and movement science majors. The purpose of this document is to assure that all students entering the programs in this College know and understand the clinical and academic requirements. Nursing and Health Sciences students must be able to meet these standards either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Click here for the CNHS Undergraduate Student Handbook, which contains the Essential Functions for each major. Students are required to review the handbook and sign the last page.
Admitted students will be notified prior to the start of the subsequent semester but not prior to the pre-registration period.
|Deadline for Materials||Decision Notification|
|Current UVM students||May 1||mid-June|
||April 15||May 31 (in most cases)|
Admission of qualified transfer applicants will be dependent upon available seats within an appropriate class.
Eligibility and Criteria Requirements
- Minimum of a 2.5 GPA and be in good academic standing.
- Submission of the online Exercise and Movement Science intrauniversity transfer application which includes the submission of a 500 word essay describing why you would like to pursue a degree in exercise and movement science. Applicants should reflect upon and describe past academic performance and life experiences that have led to the decision to pursue study in EXMS.
- Submission of the Exercise and Movement Science Essential Functions form.
- A student who meets the criteria is not guaranteed acceptance. Acceptance is based on the availability of seats within the desired program.
- Be aware that, per the College of Nursing and Health Sciences policy, "Admitted students will be notified prior to start of the subsequent semester but may not be notified prior to the pre-registration period."
In addition, all students should note the following:
Last modified June 06 2012 02:05 PM