Certificate of Graduate Study in Complex Systems
At UVM, we offer a Certificate of Graduate Study in Complex Systems as a complement to graduate degrees across campus.
In complex physical, biological, social and engineered systems, the self-organizing dynamics of interacting entities (be they molecules, cells, genes, bacteria, plants, birds, humans, nanobots, electrical substations, etc.) give rise to emergent system properties (such as consciousness, cancer, global warming, societies, etc.). Fortunately, many essential properties of such systems may be studied, modeled and understood using similar approaches, regardless of the application domain.
Learning these cutting-edge complex systems approaches can help you move to the forefront of your field and stand out when competing in a tough job market.
No Certificates of Graduate Study will be awarded retrospectively no more than 3 courses completed prior to acceptance into a certificate program can count towards a Certificate. Confirmation that a Certificate of Graduate Study has been completed will be indicated on a student's transcript. Students will also receive a paper certificate.
For information on the Certificate of Graduate Study in Complex Systems, please see the links below:
- How to Apply
- Current UVM MS or PhD students
- Prospective UVM MS or PhD students
- Prospective Certificate Students through Continuing Education
- During Your First Semester in the Program:
- file a Proposed Study Plan
- During the Semester You Are Completing the Requirements:
- file a Completion Form
- submit an Intent to Graduate Form
- Deadlines for filing the above forms are:
- August 1 to receive your Certificate at the October Commencement
- November 1 to receive your Certificate at the January Commencement
- February 1 to receive your Certificate at the May Commencment