University of Vermont



Most UVM students are eligible to use the services of the Center for Health & Wellbeing. Here's how to make sure.

Have you served in the US Military? You may be eligible for free or reduced cost heath care.

Your eligibility to use CHWB services is based on whether you have paid the Student Health Fee. And depending on your course load, you will fall into one of three categories:

  • You already paid the Health Fee as part of UVM's "Full Time Comprehensive Fee"
  • You have the OPTION of paying the Health Fee
  • You are not allowed to pay the Health Fee
  • Refer to the chart and follow the steps below to confirm your status:

    Eligibility Key

    Eligibility Chart

    There is one exception to the rules defined by the chart above:

    1. International students holding F-1 or J-1 visa status MUST pay the Health Fee, regardless of their credit load. Therefore they ARE eligible for CHWB services.

    You may want to read the full policy that describes eligibility for CHWB services. (PDF)

    For information about OPTIONAL payment of the Health Fee (if you fall into the yellow area on the chart) contact the Compliance Office at 802-656-0602.

    Last modified January 20 2017 02:25 PM