Dr. Tracy Arámbula Ballysingh is an Assistant Professor of Higher Education and Student Affairs in the Department of Leadership and Developmental Sciences. Her research is focused on Latinx rates of college completion, educational outcomes for boys and men of color, first-generation college students, the first-year experience in college, and the role of Hispanic-Serving Institutions in the higher education landscape. Dr. Ballysingh has taught pre-k through middle school grades in Massachusetts, Utah, Texas, and Illinois. She has served as a teaching assistant for doctoral students in Higher Education Law and Equity and Access in Higher Education and she has taught multiple discussion sections of first-year undergraduate seminar courses. Dr. Ballysingh has served as an academic advisor, mentor/instructor for first-year/first-generation college students, director of student success programs, and as a policy analyst for the chair of the Texas Senate’s Higher Education Committee.
Areas of ExpertiseDiversity, Access, and Equity; Educational Policy; Higher Education; History, Philosophy, Sociology of Education; School Climate; School Governance; Social Justice; Student Affairs
- Ballysingh, T. A., Zerquera, D.D., Sáenz, V.B., & Turner, C.S.V. (Eds.). (in press). Answering the Call: Hispanic-Serving Institutions as Leaders in the Quest for Access, Excellence, and Equity in American Higher Education. Association of Mexican American Educators Journal.
- Ozuna, T., Sáenz, V.B., Ballysingh, T. A. & Yamamura, E. (February, 2016). Examining Cultural Responsive College Readiness in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas. Journal of School Leadership, 26, 154-182. [abstract]
- Ballysingh, T. A. (2016) Caballeros Making Capital Gains in College: The Role of Social Capital in First-Year Persistence at a Predominantly White 4-Year Institution. In V.B. Sáenz, L. Ponjuán, and J.L. Figueroa (Eds.), Ensuring the Success of Latino Males in Higher Education: A National Imperative (pp. 152-173). Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing.
- Gonzalez, K.G., & Ballysingh, T. (2012). Increasing Latina/o College Completion: Mistakes and Opportunities. Journal of Hispanic Higher Education, 11, 279-290. [abstract]
- American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE), American College Personnel Association (ACPA), American Educational Research Association (AERA), Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE), National Association for Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- Ph.D. in Higher Education Leadership from The University of Texas at Austin
- M.Ed. in Elementary Education from Boston College
- B.A. in Sociology from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Office: 210D Mann Hall
Find me online: