Related Links - CEMS
Graduates of the Environmental Engineering Program are expected to:
- Practice environmental engineering, use their program knowledge in other avenues, or enter graduate school;
- Apply engineering principles and an understanding of environmental issues to analysis, design, construction, management, or preservation of natural and engineered systems;
- Actively participate in professional and/or community-based service (local, national, or global) that benefit the profession and the public;
- Demonstrate leadership, effective communication, and teamwork;
- Demonstrate capacity to obtain professional licensure, and engage in further study and professional development; and
- onsider sustainability as part of the problem definition and engineering solution.
At graduation, students in the Environmental Engineering Program will have attained minimum levels of accomplishment in the following program outcomes. These encompass ABET's Criterion 3.
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to environmental engineering problems;
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret environmental data;
- an ability to design an environmental system, component, or process to meet desired needs;
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams;
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve environmental engineering problems;
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility of environmental engineers;
- an ability to communicate effectively to technical and nontechnical audiences;
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context;
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning;
- a knowledge of contemporary issues; and
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for environmental engineering practice.
Undergraduate Enrollment Data for Past Three Years
Total Number of FT and PT students: 105 (2014-15), 111 (2013-14), 106 (2012-13)
Number of BS Degree Graduates: 24 (2014-15), 19 (2013-14), 15 (2012-13)